- Date Posted
- Sep. 16, 2021
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
The following tasks will be part of your new role:
- Develop a communication programme which tells our sustainability story as part of our overall communications strategy
- Lead the translation of our sustainability reporting resulting in stakeholder engagement via the right messaging and format for our key stakeholders
- Provide customer-facing teams both B2c and B2B with key messages and support around key initiatives and provide them with support and guidance around key communications challenges specifically related to sustainability.
- Ensure our marketing team, copywriters and agencies are fully equipped to be able to tell our sustainability story to all external and consumer marketing & communications (press releases, blog posts, content for on our platform copy for social media around sustainability)
- Gather and analyse internal and external communication metrics in collaboration with the right stakeholders and teams
- Support in internal events and communications to ensure all stakeholders are inspired and engaged on our sustainability goals
- Support the partnership team in building pitches and presentations around our sustainability and circularity services for new and existing brand partners
- Main point of contact for the partnership teams in relation to sustainability and ESG* related information
- Support in becoming a part of foundations and groups that pioneer in the field of a circular and more sustainable fashion industry, and maintaining the relationships with them.
Experience, knowledge & skills
- Ideally this is you second or third job. You have about 3-5 years of hands on experience in sustainability and brand communication (or equivalent experience)
- A deep understanding of social- and environmental impact within the fashion industry
- Fluency in working with different stakeholders (internally as well as externally)
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation and collaboration skills
- Deep experience working with the media, in particular investigative journalists and experience in managing PR agencies
- An ability to hit the ground running, to manage ambiguity and to be a proactive, team player who can think on their feet
- Understanding of the fast pace of a high-growth environment
- Experience with fashion (re)commerce is a big plus.
- Communication specialist with a strong passion for sustainability and the fashion industry
- Creative mindset to bring messaging forward in the best way possible
- Collaborator with ability to connect the dots across the organization and build repeatable processes
- Strong communication skills, able to build content, and present data and complex information for a variety of internal and external audiences to drive clarity and buy-in
- Excellent project management skills to deliver complex capabilities on schedule
- A hard requirement: working visa for the Netherlands or another Europe country.
- What can you expect from us?
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!