- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
About this role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who is happy to take responsibility for the happiness and productivity of our Engineering Leads. In this role you will optimize shaping our new future, push the boundaries on engineering O-mazing solutions and lead three (or more) agile teams.
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands deserves the strongest tech team, and that’s exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth.
- Build and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for Otrium.
- You will contribute to overall technical product strategy.
- You provide leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship. Make them happy and future leaders within your teams.
- Overall you will improve Otrium’s Engineering culture and communicate strategy to the team, VP and Head of Product.
- 8+ years of experience as an Engineer, 5+ years people management experience.
- Experience in managing a team with senior engineers including hiring and personal development.
- Good understanding of product requirements and ability to align with technical strategy.
- Just like every O-member you have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You need to be able to communicate effectively with your own team as well as our investors and other members who may have a less technical background.
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!