- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
About this role
You will work with talented people from all around the world and use agile development principles. We love to help each other, and our power comes from the team game. We are a hardcore Agile team, always iterating and striving for a better, faster and scalable product.
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands deserves the strongest tech team, and that’s exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth. We expect nothing but the best from every developer.
- Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following standard methodologies, producing the best in a class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Work with an energetic and fun group of mobile, backend, frontend, QA engineers, as well as product owners, designers.
- Monitor crash rates and take a proactive approach to fix problems.
- Code review your colleagues’ work carefully and make sure the quality of the code base is going higher with every commit.
- A collaborative approach, being open to help team members.
- Experience shipping and operating apps at scale to a large number of users, across several geographies and locales.
- 5+ years of experience shipping high-quality software.
- Proven software development experience in Kotlin, Java and Android SDK developments skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills in English.
- Solid understanding of the Android ecosystem and its design patterns.
- Strong Kotlin, Java, Android SDK knowledge.
- Experience with Git.
- Deep understanding of SOLID, MVP, Clean Architecture principles.
- Experience in integrating external services (e.g. Firebase, Google, Facebook).
- Experience with GraphQL, Dagger, RxJava, Android architecture components is a plus.
Nice to haves:
- Team work experience and code review.
- Unit and ui tests experience.
- A highly analytical and curious mind, continually looking out for new technologies and innovations.
- Ability to work autonomously on projects and take full responsibility for them.
- Open-source contributions or open source projects on Github will be an advantage.
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Mukul Sharma // TA Tech & Product // https://www.linkedin.com/in/mkoolshar/