- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
Stability is a significant factor, but we do not hesitate to experiment and are never shy of building groundbreaking features to change the overall customer experience. We have a future-proof tech stack consisting of the latest technologies and always curious to explore newer ones!
About this role
You will work with talented people from all around the world and use agile development principles. We love to help each other, and our power comes from the team game. We are a hardcore Agile team, always iterating and striving for a better, faster and scalable product.
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands deserves the strongest tech team, and that’s exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth. We expect nothing but the best from every developer.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of the B2C Engineering Department, building the shopping experience for millions of customers across the world. Our B2C platform is built in PHP and Node.js microservices. We are looking for a Senior Node.js Developer who can contribute to upscaling our development standards and will make sure that we keep delivering an excellent shopping experience to Otrium customers. This is what you will be doing:
- Coding : Writing clean, maintainable, optimised, and scalable code. Conducting good code reviews of the tasks of colleagues to prevent possible problems in the code review stage. Testing code on the local machine if necessary.
- Delivering on time : Committing and deploying solutions within given time constraints
- Owning : Taking a proactive approach and ownership of the tasks. Monitoring the tasks on production and making sure everything runs smooth and as expected.
- Improving : For any given task trying to understand “the why” and suggesting alternative solutions if needed. Improving the current setup and code to enhance performance.
- Sharing : Having a good, direct and clear communication with your colleagues. Contributing to the culture of feedback to keep learning and preventing issues (code and teamwork) from becoming critical. Attaching careful attention to documentation.
You are an experienced Software Engineer, you know what it takes to deliver a great code and you feel comfortable suggesting improvement to existing features and processes. You have a positive mindset and always think of solutions rather than problems. Thanks to that attitude you create a positive work environment for you and your colleagues. An environment where you deliver a better code every day. Besides that you have:
- Strong, demonstrable experience and interest for building Node.js microservices
- Strong SQL skills. You should be able to write complex and optimized SQL queries.
- Solid knowledge of how to build and design highly scalable applications.
- A deep understanding of SOLID principles, system design, data structures and algorithms.
- Testing Ability to create comprehensive test plans and test cases, define testing strategies, locating and solving difficult bugs and errors;
- Web security knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of PHP
- Ecommerce experience
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!