- Date Posted
- Dec. 8, 2021
- Software Engineering
Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
Stability is a significant factor, but we do not hesitate to experiment and are never shy of building groundbreaking features to change the overall customer experience. We have a future-proof tech stack consisting of the latest technologies and always curious to explore newer ones! Wanna join?
About this role
You will work with talented people from all around the world and use agile development principles. We love to help each other, and our power comes from the team game. We are a hardcore Agile team, always iterating and striving for a better, faster and scalable product.
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands deserves the strongest tech team, and that’s exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth. We expect nothing but the best from every developer.
Along with code, we have hands-on experience with infrastructures as well. We use the best of the tools available.
- Understand business requirements and design solutions based on these requirements. Provide alternative solutions to problems if necessary.
- Keep track of your services on production, and be sure all services are running smoothly. Use a proactive approach to identify problems before it is reported as a bug.
- Write optimized and scalable code to be sure it is not causing any performance problems. Monitor the performance of your code on production and take immediate actions when a problem is detected. Working with a legacy codebase.
- Taking ownership of your application.
- Code review your colleagues’ work carefully, and don’t hesitate to test the implementation if necessary.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Backend Engineer.
- Strong OOP skills.
- Extensive experience with PHP & MySQL (Symfony framework is a plus).
- Experience with Node.js or Python is a big plus.
- Strong SQL skills. You should be able to write complex and optimized SQL queries.
- Solid knowledge of how to build and design highly scalable applications.
- A deep understanding of SOLID principles, system design, data structures and algorithms.
- Unit test experience with PHPUnit. Ability to create comprehensive test plans and test cases, define testing strategies, locating and solving difficult bugs and errors;
Nice to haves:
- Rest API knowledge
- Experience with Redis
- E-commerce experience
- Experience performance debugging tools such as XDebug, New Relic, Blackfire
- Google Tag manager is a big plus!
Edmund Gibson // TA Partner Tech // https://www.linkedin.com/in/e-gibson/
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
- We look forward to hearing from you!