- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
Stability is a significant factor, but we do not hesitate to experiment and are never shy of building groundbreaking features to change the overall customer experience. We have a future-proof tech stack consisting of the latest technologies and always curious to explore newer ones! Wanna join?
About this role
You will work with talented people from all around the world and use agile development principles. We love to help each other, and our power comes from the team game. We are a hardcore Agile team, always iterating and striving for a better, faster and scalable product.
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands deserves the strongest tech team, and that’s exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth. We expect nothing but the best from every developer.
Along with code, we have hands-on experience with infrastructures as well. We use the best of the tools available.
- Understand business requirements and design solutions based on these requirements. Provide alternative solutions to problems if necessary.
- Keep track of your services on production, and be sure all services are running smoothly. Use a proactive approach to identify problems before it is reported as a bug.
- Write optimized and scalable code to be sure it is not causing any performance problems. Monitor the performance of your code on production and take immediate actions when a problem is detected. Working with a legacy codebase.
- Taking ownership of your application.
- Code review your colleagues’ work carefully, and don’t hesitate to test the implementation if necessary.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Backend Engineer.
- Strong OOP skills.
- Extensive experience with PHP & MySQL (Symfony framework is a plus).
- Experience with Node.js or Python is a big plus.
- Strong SQL skills. You should be able to write complex and optimized SQL queries.
- Solid knowledge of how to build and design highly scalable applications.
- A deep understanding of SOLID principles, system design, data structures and algorithms.
- Unit test experience with PHPUnit. Ability to create comprehensive test plans and test cases, define testing strategies, locating and solving difficult bugs and errors;
Nice to haves:
- Rest API knowledge
- Experience with Redis
- E-commerce experience
- Experience performance debugging tools such as XDebug, New Relic, Blackfire
- Google Tag manager is a big plus!
Maggie Kramar // TA Tech & Product // https://www.linkedin.com/in/maggiekramar/
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
- What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
- We look forward to hearing from you!