- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Chief of Staff.
The Chief of Staff role for our Co-Founder/CEO is a force-multiplier for the Exec team. The Chief of Staff supports our CEO in successfully implementing Patreon’s priorities and strategic and tactical plans, facilitating executive management team meetings and advancing priorities, assisting with Board meetings and CEO engagement with the Board and member companies, leading projects that fall outside specific functional roles, and supporting CEO communications and leadership activities. We are seeking someone who can elevate the way our Exec support organization impacts the business.
What you will do
- Strategically Advise on Planning and Operations
- Rationalize CEO Priorities and Time
- Facilitate Cross-Functional Integration and Champion Positive Culture
Skills and experience you possess
- 10+ years’ experience in a business or executive management role- consulting experience a plus
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Highly analytical and structured thinker with the ability to reduce the entropy of an organization or situation
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills, business acumen, and ability to think constructively, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to deal with complex situations
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn