- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Office Manager to join our Porto Workplace team. Please note: Part of your role will include implementing Patreon’s policy of encouraging employees that wish to access our offices to get vaccinated for COVID.
What you will do:
- Contribute to employee morale by organizing company events and engagement activities
- Build strong partnerships with key business stakeholders in order to understand their requirements and develop respective solutions
- Oversee and/or influence operations programs related to Mail, Janitorial, Culinary, and Reception, Ticket Support, Environmental Health & Safety, and Security
- Manage Opex & Capex budget and spend for Office Operations
- Oversee internal office moves and new hire coordination, seating plans, blocking plans, department head-count verifications, space requests and hotel desk management
- Full on-site oversight of facilities operations and services
- Manage communication and relationship with building property management companies and their vendors
- Manage escalations with our internal legal team with Landlord disputes
- Food and Beverage program oversight
- Physical security experience with health/safety, disaster planning, and conflict mitigation experience
Skills and experience you possess:
- Strength in internal & external communication
- Experience in handling high level communication with leadership and heads of office
- Experience in working with global cross-functional teams
- Ability to work well with a distributed team
- Experience in events management
Projects you may work on:
- Workplace operations standards
- Post COVID re-entry planning
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Creating processes where none exist today
- Working closely with a Global Workplace Team
- Please note: Part of your role will include implementing Patreon’s policy of encouraging employees that wish to access our offices to get vaccinated for COVID.
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn