- New York
- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Business Development
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Creator Partnerships Development Representative.
What you will do:
- Inbound Creator Qualification Conversations: Every day, you’ll talk with creator sign-ups from all backgrounds and content categories on the phone to identify high-potential opportunities for the Mid-Market Creator Partnerships team.
- Creator Success Consultations: On these calls, you’ll also be responsible for consulting with creators to provide them with the information they need to run successful membership businesses on Patreon.
- Identify and Solidify Outbound Opportunities: You’ll tap into niche, passionate creative communities to generate high-potential outbound opportunities for the Mid-Market Creator Partnerships team.
- Provide Product Feedback: You’ll be the voice of our prospective target creators within Patreon and ensure we build products that serve the needs of established creators building businesses around their art.
- Track and Report Activity: You’ll use Salesforce and other tools to track your engagements and report on goal progress.
- Hit Goals: You’ll manage your calendar and priorities in order to achieve a goal number of opportunities passed to the Mid-Market Creator Partnerships Team.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Communication: You are a clear, concise, and engaging communicator.
- Determination: You’re motivated by challenges and relentless in your pursuit of goals.
- Growth Mindset: You are eager to learn the skills to effectively drive partnership engagements forward.
- Organization: You are detail-oriented and are diligent in updating creator records.
- Business Outcome Focused: You recognize that outcomes mean more than activity, and operate with a sense of urgency while maintaining positive outlook.
Projects you may work on:
- Inbound funnel conversion
- Outbound target community outreach
- Creator event attendance
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will get to interact with interesting and influential creators across a variety of creator categories.
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the Creator Partnerships function at Patreon and take on new responsibilities as the organization grows.
- You will build deep relationships across the organization.
- You will be asked to draw and summarize insights.
- You will learn and codify how to help creators launch and grow their membership businesses, and how to drive strategic partnership relationships with creators.
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn