- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Business Development
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases. Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform.
Patreon, a $4 Billion Series F startup, is sparking a creator revolution to help creators get paid on a recurring basis. It is also creating a new economy of empowered artists. Patreon has landed on numerous award lists, including CNBC’s 2021 Top 50 Disruptors, Fast Company’s 2019 Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ 2019 Next Billion Dollar Startup. As we expand, we are looking for the best and brightest to join us.
In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for Creative Partnership Manager (UK & Ireland) to build and successfully onboard prospective Patreon artists & creators. This role will be based in Berlin and will collaborate with our teams in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York.
A Creator Partnerships Manager is responsible for successful onboarding key artists & creators to the Patreon platform. This includes identifying target artists & creators, owning and operating outreach campaigns, attending industry events, and partnering cross-functionally within the Creator Partnerships organisation to manage and grow a successful pipeline of creators.
As Creator Partnerships Manager you are also responsible for internal and external evangelism for artist & creator needs internally and serving as an ambassador for the Creator Partnerships’ team, our mission, and our consultative engagement capabilities.
What You Would Do
- Identify, recruit, and partner with the world’s artists & creators to launch their membership strategy
- Qualify inbound opportunities when artists & creators sign up to the Patreon platform to ensure that we are working with all key creators to drive a successful launch
- Identify untapped creative communities and coordinate cross-functionally to execute outreach campaigns
- Be the voice of our target artists & creators within Patreon and ensure we build products that serve the needs of established artists & creators building businesses around their art.
- Use data to iterate on a consultative engagement process and instill confidence in our membership expertise with creators.
Skills You Possess
- Partnerships Expertise: You have experience in partnerships with creators and are excited by the prospect of working with key strategic partners. You are eager to learn the skills to effectively drive partnership engagements forward. 3 - 4 years of partnerships experience or other applicable experience (Media, Consulting, Program Management, Artist Management, Technology).
- Deep knowledge of and an existing personal network in the creative landscapes of the UK/I market.
- Business Outcome Focused: You boil projects and objectives down to their business outcome and execute diligently towards strategic business outcomes.
- Forecasting: You are detail-oriented and are diligent in updating creator records.
- Positive Outlook: You stay positive in the face of challenges, and think creatively to find solutions.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align the incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Communication: You are a clear, concise communicator. You understand the importance of documentation and organisation.
- Cross-Functional Alignment: You are a great teammate and document requests clearly and package projects to help your teammates effectively plan and offer their resources. You respect teammates’ time and operate as a strong corporate citizen to help other teams meet their objectives.
- Core Behaviour Ambassador: You exemplify Patreon’s core behaviours and influence others around the organisation.
- Who you’ll work with:
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re metrics-driven in your decision-making
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn