- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Jun. 16, 2021
- Business Development
Do you believe that creators should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content and community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Patreon is looking for a world-class Head of Creator Partnerships who will work closely with our Chief Revenue Officer to accelerate Patreon’s creator acquisition efforts. This proactive, creator-first individual will be responsible for managing and expanding a team of creator partnership managers, development representatives, sales ops professionals along with directly participating in strategic conversations with talent in the video, podcast, music and visual arts arena.
Since its inception in 2013, creators have earned over $2B on the Patreon platform and we’ve only just begun! This is a unique opportunity to help fund the creative class and introduce them to the power of membership.
The ideal candidate will have experience driving measurable results in a fast-paced, creative environment along with demonstrated success in managing teams and talent. It’s critical for the Head of Creator Partnerships to understand the needs of creators, challenges faced and the current methods of monetization.
“It’s time to ditch the old establishment and build a New Creative Economy. A new model where creators have the power to control their careers and build the next generation of creative businesses. Where creativity and the people who drive our culture forward are finally valued.” (Patreon’s Brand Manifesto).
This role can be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco
What You Will Do
- Lead the Creator Partnerships team in the prospecting and launch of new creators on the Patreon platform.
- Remain at the forefront of the creator landscape, identifying new and upcoming talent that should be on the Patreon platform and create a strategic outreach plan.
- Participate and lead all enterprise-level (i.e., “lighthouse”) creator meetings.
- Manage complex negotiations with lighthouse creators and their management teams along with securing the internal support necessary for an exceptional launch (i.e., design, PR, marketing, creator success, etc).
- Actively manage the resulting pipeline to help expedite conversion at every stage of the funnel and forecast appropriately.
- Partner with marketing to define, design and execute account-based marketing campaigns persistently and consistently.
- Integrate brand awareness initiatives in ongoing outreach.
- In coordination with product marketing, continually assess the competitive landscape and analyze in order to identify the tools & assets required to counter.
- Share best practices with International teams to establish world-class processes.
- Recruit, develop and inspire a Creator Partnerships dream team that espouses our core behaviors: Put Creators First; Candid & Kind; Achieve Ambitious Outcomes; Bias towards Action; Be Curious and Cultivate Inclusion.
- Establish quarterly goals, KPIs and OKRs for ongoing team management and company-wide communication.
- Participate as an active member of the extended leadership team by communicating challenges, opportunities and proposed solutions, bi-directionally.
- 15+ years working in a sales, business development or partnership capacity.
- 5+ years leadership experience, directly managing account managers.
- 2+ years experience in working with creators.
- Exceptional storyteller, both written and verbal.
- Expertise with CRM, pipeline reporting and sales automation tools.
- Proven record of strategic intuition when assessing opportunities, establishing deal terms and negotiating.
- Ability to develop rapport and establish trust with creators, agents and managers.
- Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias towards action while working effectively in an innovative environment that values collaboration without ego.
- Operates at a high level of intensity, acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence.
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.