- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Business Development
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 250,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 8 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to be the number one membership platform in the world for creators of all kinds. To help achieve this objective, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Creator Acquisitions in NY or LA to work closely with our Head of Creator Partnerships and lead our Creator Acquisition team to bring and launch lighthouse creators onto the platform. This proactive leader will leverage their creator economy, people management, and dealmaking experience and resulting rolodex to build, mentor, and grow a team that will help educate the market about Patreon membership and the associated revenue stream that will fund their creative businesses.
What you will do:
- Lead and grow a world-class Creator Acquisitions team and collaborate with Patreon’s Head of Creator Partnerships to develop a qualified target list of lighthouse and strategic creators to pursue and partner with
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders within Creator Partnerships, the larger Go to Market department, and across Patreon to successfully launch Lighthouse and strategic creators membership businesses onto the platform
- Leverage industry contacts to open new relationships with agents, managers and creators in order to explore membership with their fan base.
- Develop an intimate understanding of a creator’s content history and current objectives to create bespoke pitches with Patreon’s creative team that speak to their unique needs.
- Work with data science to forecast earnings projections along with the network effects of the creator in question to aid in the development of partnership proposals.
- Leverage the tools necessary - financial incentives included - to help creators prioritize and accelerate the launch of their membership.
- Collaborate with the creator on their membership content strategy, including their supporting benefit delivery and tiers. If content production services are required, identify potential partners to help produce and manage accordingly.
- In coordination with Patreon’s creator success team, establish quarterly goals and determine the definition of success for the creator and their fans on Patreon.
- Negotiate term sheets and secure the support of Patreon legal to facilitate completion of the long-form contract.
- Collaborate with PR, marketing, creative and creator success to establish creator launch plans, incorporating all relevant physical and digital touch points - i.e., earned media; video interviews; paid and organic socials; billboards; podcast advertising; and events.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You possess 7 - 10+ years of partnerships experience at a talent agency, social media company, creator technology platform or a content production studio.
- You have 3-5 years of people management experience
- You have an intimate understanding of the creator economy, cultural shifts, and the technology platforms competing for market share.
- You know who the key influencers are across a variety of platforms and verticals.
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You know how to communicate different to talent, representatives, partners, peers, and direct reports and can context switch quickly and fluently
- You make a mean pitch deck in Google Docs, Powerpoint, or Keynote and are great at presenting to sell
- You are an excellent and experienced negotiator, always aiming to get the most and give the least, but never putting the deal or the relationship at risk
- You love to build things in a fast-paced environment and need little or no direction to do so.
- You don’t see people management as the job, but rather as a way to free up your time to do the actual job
- You aren’t just a people manager - you’re a creative and dealmaker who also manages
- You have a keen eye for talent, even if a diamond is in the rough
- You truly believe in the concept of “Creator First”
- You like to win and have fun doing it!
Projects you may work on:
Building and managing a team of partnerships execs across a number of verticals
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn