- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Data Science
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Data Scientist.
What you will do
- Shape Patreon product strategy within our member experience and content consumption teams, counseling our product teams on defining success criteria, designing experiments, and measuring product efficacy
- Partner with teams across Patreon to inform strategy and evaluate success
- Build a culture of data-driven decision making at Patreon
- Dive into data to illuminate trends and answer key questions about our users
- Constantly improve our team practices and efficiency
- Work with people from all walks of life
Skills and experience you possess
- You have 3+ years experience helping product teams make great decisions with data
- You have solid analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and can frame data correctly
- You are an expert querying large datasets
- You are comfortable in Python and relevant data libraries (pandas, numpy), and know how to manipulate data in Excel
- You have a strong understanding of experimentation and statistical analysis
- You can crisply communicate complicated information in charts and dashboards
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity
Projects you may work on
- Content consumption: Working with our content consumption team to evaluate the way in which members view and engage with content to drive member retention
- Mobile: Evaluating and improving the performance of our mobile apps
- Community: Helping build next generation products that connect creators and the fans they love and enable them to offer seamless community integrations
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Advanced technical skills in SQL and Python, data visualisation, and data infrastructure
- Learn from an energetic Data Science team full of passion for our product, and teams of Product Managers, Designers and Engineers who are building the product
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn