- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
As a Senior Designer at Patreon, you’ll be joining a dedicated creative team, designing engaging and dynamic content for social platforms and campaigns that get creators excited. We’re looking for someone who can develop concepts and creatively execute on them, collaborate with teammates on projects, along with being able to take on a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What you will do:
- A hands-on champion of brand design, along with being detail-oriented to drive consistency across assets.
- Collaborate with a team of designers to further our brand’s design system.
- Participate in team critics and help push design forward on all fronts.
- Mentor younger team members.
- Use creative problem solving to find answers to concepts, content, and designs.
- Own your projects from conception to completion.
- Stay up to date with the changing trends in the field and best practices.
- Work with other teams and stakeholders to gather feedback and revise designs.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 4-7 years of relevant design experience
- An organized and detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Clearly communicate ideas, provide constructive feedback, and direction
- Strong eye for aesthetics and visual details to ensure a final quality product.
- Active listener with the ability to take direct feedback and execute
- Creative, passionate, sense of humor, and easy-going spirit
- UI/UX and web design experience
- Experience in Adobe Suite and Figma
- Excellent written and verbal skills
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn