- San Francisco
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases. Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform.
Patreon, a $4 Billion Series F startup, is sparking a creator revolution to help creators get paid on a recurring basis. It is also creating a new economy of empowered artists. Patreon has landed on numerous award lists, including CNBC’s 2021 Top 50 Disruptors, Fast Company’s 2019 Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ 2019 Next Billion Dollar Startup. As we expand, we are looking for the best and brightest to join us.
In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Partner Manager.
What you will do:
- Targeted outreach: Every day you’ll be connecting with full-time creators to help them accelerate their growth, address challenges holding them back, and building their trust with the Patreon platform and team
- Represent Patreon: You will be the connection to Patreon for a wide population of creators, helping amplify the company’s messaging, roll out new launches, and ensure key creators reach out when they need help
- Evangelize best practices: Bring Patreon’s proven learnings about how creators can set up growing, sustainable memberships to our professional creators, inspiring them to make changes to their page and interaction with fans and members
- Drive increased earnings: Across your portfolio, accelerate the aggregate growth trajectory by increasing traffic to their Patreon page, improving fan-to-member conversion rates, and maximizing long-term retention of existing members
- Inspire advocacy for Patreon: Through low-touch interactions with a wide number of creators, increase the strength of their evangelism for Patreon, driving more fan and creator interest in the platform
Skills and experience you possess:
- Customer/partner management: Experience managing low-touch customer/partner relationships with a very large portfolio, particularly with creators making videos, podcasts, or music
- Expansion revenue delivery: Proven success in an environment with revenue growth targets for an overall portfolio of managed accounts
- Building outreach programs: Developing & executing on approaches for targeted intervention with a large portfolio of accounts, using data-driven signals
- Balancing portfolio investment: Prioritizing time investment across competing requests and opportunities to maximize growth potential while maintaining account relationships
Projects you may work on:
- Developing a campaign to engage with creators who have a sudden decrease in page traffic or conversion rate to get them back on track
- Working with creators experience very high member growth to ensure they can deliver benefits and effectively retain these patrons
- Identifying and coordinating with creators to participate in an product early beta
- Refining our targeting approach for outreach to mid-size creators to continue driving more engagement and more earnings growth with the portfolio of creators
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will be prioritizing across a large portfolio of creators to identify the specific accounts and the right interventions that drive their engagement and success
- You will refine your relationship building skills in inspiring trust in creators while balancing time investment and boundaries for what we can support
- You will build expertise around the drivers of building an engaged fan base and converting them to paying members
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn