- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to join our San Francisco team.
What you will do:
- Proactively identify, independently research, and document complex technical accounting and reporting matters.
- Prepare technical accounting memos on complex, non-routine transactions.
- Develop and maintain Patreon’s accounting policies, including monitoring, analyzing, and implementing new accounting standards and pronouncements.
- Prepare and compile financial statements, footnotes disclosures, and management’s discussion and analysis (MD&A).
- Collaborate cross-functionally to prepare Forms S-1, 10-K, and 10-Q and quarterly earnings releases.
- Perform equity and stock-based compensation accounting.
- Serve as a trusted business partner to stakeholders within Finance, Accounting, and cross-functionally.
- Provide training to the Finance and Accounting teams on technical accounting matters.
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls as they relate to financial reporting and technical accounting.
- Complete disclosure checklists, including benchmarking disclosures against peer filings.
- Liaise with external auditors to drive timely accounting conclusions and disclosures and completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Assist with other special projects, analysis, and reporting as needed.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Licensed active CPA required
- 7+ years of work experience, including prior Big 4 audit / accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting standards and experience with technical accounting research and memos
- Experience with revenue recognition (ASC 606), leases (ASC 842), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), business combinations (ASC 805), and segments (ASC 280)
- Self-starter who is passionate, curious, and proactive
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- IPO experience, including knowledge of the Form S-1 process, highly preferred
What you will have the chance to learn:
Working with a growing company with creators and patrons located worldwide
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn