- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 16, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Treasury Manager to join our Finance team.
What you will do:
- Support daily cash positioning for all company entities/bank accounts manages daily cash flow, approval of wire transactions, assists with reconciliation of bank activity and with transaction investigations with third party partners
- Oversee our global cash management processes, including: funding monthly Creator payouts, banking relationships and operations, foreign exchange management, and interest optimization
- Develop, update, and monitor Treasury operational policies; oversee Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for Treasury operations and support audit requirements
- Lead key strategic treasury projects – including streamlining treasury processes, controls, risk management, bank account structure, and inter-company funding
- Manage investment of excess cash and determine short-term and long-term investment options with external investment managers; monitor portfolio performance, risk, and compliance
- Formulate and execute hedging strategies to mitigate foreign exchange and interest rate risks
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Legal, Tax, Payment Operations, and the Product team to support new currencies in Patreon’s product
- Assist with capital market decisions as well as transactions
- Participate in various process automation and Treasury system enhancement initiatives (including treasury system implementation)
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for evolution of the Treasury function as Patreon grows
Skills and experience you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in Treasury
- Experience in corporate banking, fraud control products,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting software and the ability to quickly learn company software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with, Alteryx, SQL, Tableau a plus
Projects you may work on:
- Global banking structure
- Currency monitoring, including hedging products and launches of additional currencies
What you will have the chance to learn:
Payments at a growing service company with Creators/Patrons located worldwide.
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.