- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to transform the Patreon brand to power the growing dreams of our creators, large and small. Last year we expanded to Europe and opened our Dublin office. To help accelerate growth in the European market, Patreon is looking for a European Recruiter to keep pace with that growth as our team is expanding just as quickly!
What you will do:
- Build a diverse pipeline of candidates for diverse roles across Product and Engineering, Marketing and Operations.
- Manage inbound applications, referrals and sourcing of passive talent using creative sourcing methods (LinkedIn Recruiter, Entelo, networking etc).
- Drive the interview and offer process from start to finish - including job descriptions, interview plans, reference checks, salary recommendations and closing candidates.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and their teams to deeply understand their hiring needs and actively translate that into a positive interviewer and candidate experience.
- Organize and facilitate interview debriefs and be a trusted voice in difficult conversations that result in decision making.
- Maintain data integrity and report recruiting metrics.
- Closely partner with HR to ensure a smooth on-boarding process, and also assist with ad-hoc tasks for the US-based HR and facilities team.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience hiring for technical roles, with in-house experience from a consumer facing web/mobile startup.
- Experience of recruiting in multiple European markets (our offices are in Berlin, Porto and Dublin).
- Experience sourcing and hiring passive talent, from entry-level to Senior Director.
- Passion for diversity and inclusion, and experience working with aspirational top-of-funnel goals to increase the diversity of our pipeline.
- Interest in developing processes and initiatives that improve recruiting
- An understanding of technology and the broad tech industry
- Passion for and interest in Patreon’s mission
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse is preferred)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
- Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!