- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 5, 2022
Do you believe that creators should get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content and community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to support our Engineering, Product and Design organization (EPD).
What you would do:
- Work directly with the broader People Team to align our HR strategy with Patreon’s strategy; building programs to ensure strategies are successful
- Coach, guide, and support Patreon’s managers and broader team through workforce planning, performance management, and L&D opportunities
- Leverage data to build, manage, and strengthen every part of our HR offerings for your client groups including on-boarding, benefits, training, performance, promotion, career development, diversity & inclusion and engagement programs, among others
- Work closely with your client group and cross functional partners teams to maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment
Skills you possess:
- 8+ years experience in HR, preferably in a People Partner role
- Proven success in an HR function at a high growth company.
- Experience in directing key areas of the employee lifecycle within the context of an engineering and/or product-focused business group including compensation and benefits, performance reviews, organizational development, employee engagement, health and safety, legal compliance, and workforce planning. You enjoy and understand the nuances of leading technical organizations and technical talent
- You are perceived as an effective and strategic thought partner with senior leaders in the organization. You have a demonstrated track record of helping to lead, guide and influence employee-related decisions
- You are an excellent people manager, coach and partner. You know how to help leaders work through issues and drive change in their organizations.
- You love “testing” your ideas and measuring the impact of your work
- You’re excited about opportunities to leverage data to make recommendations
- You communicate clearly and succinctly
- You feel comfortable working autonomously
- You have a positive outlook on problem solving; when you see a problem, you feel energized to solve it
Who you’ll work with
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn