- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Fraud Specialist to join our San Francisco or Omaha team.
What you will do:
- Review suspicious accounts using internal and external fraud tools, and take action in accordance with Patreon’s policies.
- Research and analyze data to detect fraudulent activity, and develop opportunities for minimizing fraud and avoiding false positives.
- Independently determine and recommend an appropriate course of action following fraud detection.
- Work with Data Science and Risk Engineers to develop and test rule sets and machine learning models.
- Work cross-functionally with our Content Moderation and Community Happiness team regarding account suspensions, closures, and other fraud matters.
- Help identify process improvements and contribute to key projects and initiatives.`
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years conducting fraud operations and/or AML
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of APAC languages
- APAC fraud/payment experience
- Self-starter who is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge of, and experience utilizing fraud investigative techniques and practices
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships within and across multiple disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic Zendesk knowledge is a plus
- Basic Excel knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of KYC, SAR, OFAC/FinCen is a bonus
Projects you may work on:
- Chargeback monitoring
- Fraud Trend reviews
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Data Science
- Fraud trends related to subscription services
- Chargeback processing
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn