- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an IT Support Engineer.
What you will do:
- Provide general technical support for local employees’ laptops, software, and mobile devices
- Provide basic assistance for remote employees’
- Assist with audio/visual setup and production of internal events
- Help maintain corporate asset inventory
- Assist and support IT Systems Engineers in rolling out new projects and services
Skills and experience you possess:
- 1-3 years experience in an information technology support role
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Basic knowledge of network hardware and protocols
- Experience supporting Audio/Video systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and mobile device issues
Projects you may work on:
- Improvements to employee onboarding process
- Managing hardware orders
- Streamline support process
- Software testing and rollouts
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How to manage support requests across multiple offices
- Office IT infrastructure setup and maintenance
- New SaaS products
- Basic to advanced video conferencing support skills
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.