- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for our Infrastructure team.
What you will do
- Create and administer infrastructure -- cloud services, hosts, monitoring tools -- for highly reliable and scalable web applications and data stores.
- Build automated tooling to configure and maintain our systems and services.
- Identify and solve issues in our stack.
- Work closely with your peers in security and engineering.
- Train and mentor your colleagues.
- Vet new technologies to support our operational needs and improve the working lives of your co-workers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation ~1 week per month.`
Skills and experience you possess
- You have experience in DevOps, Site Reliability, or backend/infrastructure engineering for a company experiencing fast-paced growth.
- You are knowledgeable in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- You understand the ins and outs of AWS, Linux, and MySQL well enough to teach others how to use them, and can comfortably operate all of them from the CLI.
- You are proficient with a programming language like Python or Ruby, and with shell scripting.
- Your documentation and verbal communication skills are excellent, and you’re able to collaborate and rally support with people on and off your team.
- You are inclined to automate, but can discern when automation isn’t the best solution and present alternatives.
- You’ve worked with continuous integration and deployment systems, and have ideas about how to build and improve those systems.
- You strongly believe in the importance of security, and enjoy the idea of partnering with the security team to ensure the integrity of our customers’ data.
- You have productive habits, healthy process awareness, and good teamwork skills and instincts.
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn