- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Product Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Professional Services Program Manager to join our Creator Success team.
This person will build Patreon’s services for creators that extend from the membership platform to other investments in their growth as creative businesses. Creators have visions for new content franchises, events, and merch that they would love to deliver for their patrons, but often get perpetually pushed off from not having the time, funding, or expertise to take on these big bets. Additionally, these creators, whether solo or with a team, are stretched thin - they want Patreon’s help and resources to manage their page, expand their team’s capacities, and provide insights and tactics for growth. Initial offerings are targeted at high-earning creators who work directly with the Creator Success team, but Professional Services will also extend to paid offerings for all interested creators on the platform.
The ideal candidate for this role is energized by supporting creators’ unique visions for projects they want to bring to life, and has a track record of making sure all of the tactical steps and coordination with vendors happens on time to ensure success. They also have the vision and influence to turn similar creator projects into types of services that we build repeatable offerings and resources around.
This role can be based in Los Angeles, New York City or San Francisco.
What you will do:
- Grow the Professional Services program - Set direction on opportunity areas based on needs surfaced from creators, package them as new services, and partner with our Partner Managers to drive pilots and adoption by creators
- Be the general manager for this initiative - Define the metrics and reporting needed to show the impact of Professional Services, and secure and optimally use the budget for the program
- Develop resources and relationships - Own the vendor relationships and contract with freelance resources so we can deliver on these projects
- Collaborate on new creator ideas - Join Partner Managers in ideating with creators on the project ideas that inspire them, and handle the hand-off to Professional Services for execution support
- Oversee project management - Ensure that projects are executed on time, budget, and meeting creator needs with the Professional Services team owning this coordination with creators and other vendors
- Build a team to scale up project capacity - Starting with a contractor to focus on project coordination, and continuing to full-time roles to own proven services areas, grow the team to achieve our goals for scaling the program
Skills and experience you possess:
- 7+ years of experience
- Managing the work of direct reports and/or vendors and/or contractors to execute on customer-facing projects
- Building out services-oriented offerings by defining the initiatives, and securing partnerships & resources
- Reporting on results and demonstrating impact and growth over time
- Empathy for and experience with creator relationships and their creative projects
Projects you may work on:
- Content & Event Production - Producing new content franchises that are exclusive to patrons, add extra material for patrons, or are public content that will drive patron conversion
- Page Management - Enabling creators to delegate parts of running their Patreon membership to vetted page managers
- Team Capabilities - Facilitating creators adding new capabilities on their team, both from hiring or freelance projects, and skill building
- Growth Campaigns - Insights about patrons and content, and support for paid marketing and other growth tactics
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn