- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Product Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Manager for Content Moderation to join our growing team in Dublin.
What you will do:
- Build and deliver the vision, strategy and product roadmap for one of the most critical pieces of Patreon’s infrastructure: our content moderation and compliance tools
- Lead discussion and decision-making around the development and management of tools to moderate user generated content, implementation of content policy, know-your-customer processes and tools, and regulatory compliance
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from operations, engineering, data science, design, finance, legal and more
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience building content moderation and/or regulatory compliance tools
- 5+ years Product management, experience managing 1-2 product teams.
- Attention to detail - we have hundreds of thousands of Creators on our platform posting millions of pieces of content every day
- Experience with complex issues such as freedom of speech, adult and fringe content, and child protection in the context of user generated content on internet platforms
- Strong understanding of regulatory and reputational risk
- Inspiring and motivating - Ability to tell a story for the problems you’re solving and the vision you want to realize; balanced with the details
- Agility & Flexibility - we’re a dynamic, high growth company in a new and expanding market; we need people who are able to think on their feet and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ownership - the desire to be accountable to metric-moving outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills & leadership presence
- Deep customer centricity
- Excellent relationship builder
Projects you may work on:
- Developing sophisticated technology tools allowing Patreon to identify potential policy violations or legal infractions in real-time
- Working with Operations to define, develop and manage the tool-suite used by our team of content and compliance agents
What you will have the chance to learn:
- The dynamics of the Creator economy
- Operating at huge scale - we have hundreds of thousands of Creators posting millions of pieces of content
- The global regulatory compliance ecosystem end to end
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviours:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!