- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Product Engineering
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to transform the Patreon brand to power the growing dreams of our creators, large and small. Last year we expanded to Europe and opened our Dublin office. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Manager for Content Moderation to join our growing team in Dublin and make a global contribution.
What you will do:
- Build and deliver the vision, strategy and product roadmap for one of the most critical pieces of Patreon’s infrastructure: our content moderation and compliance tools
- Lead discussion and decision-making around the development and management of tools to moderate user generated content, implementation of content policy, know-your-customer processes and tools, and regulatory compliance
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from operations, engineering, data science, design, finance, legal and more.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience building content moderation and/or regulatory compliance tools
- 5+ years Product management, experience managing 1-2 product teams
- Attention to detail - we have hundreds of thousands of Creators on our platform posting millions of pieces of content every day
- Experience with complex issues such as freedom of speech, adult and fringe content, and child protection in the context of user generated content on internet platforms
- Strong understanding of regulatory and reputational risk
- Inspiring and motivating - Ability to tell a story for the problems you’re solving and the vision you want to realize; balanced with the details
- Agility & Flexibility - we’re a dynamic, high growth company in a new and expanding market; we need people who are able to think on their feet and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ownership - the desire to be accountable to metric-moving outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills & leadership presence
- Deep customer centricity
- Excellent relationship builder.
Projects you may work on:
- Developing sophisticated technology tools allowing Patreon to identify potential policy violations or legal infractions in real-time
- Working with Operations to define, develop and manage the tool-suite used by our team of content and compliance agents.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- The dynamics of the Creator economy
- Operating at huge scale - we have hundreds of thousands of Creators posting millions of pieces of content
- The global regulatory compliance ecosystem end to end.
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn