- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Product Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our creator base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over a billion dollars directly to creators on our platform. To support this growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Fraud team.
What you will do:
- Build and deliver the vision, strategy and product roadmap for one of the most critical pieces of Patreon’s infrastructure: our suite of fraud management and compliance tools
- Lead discussion and decision-making around complex issues of fraud and fraud management, chargebacks, and fraud management tools for internal and external users.
- Work to ensure Patreon’s adherence to best practice “Know Your Customer” processes while ensuring intuitive user journeys throughout the product
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from engineering, data science, design, finance, legal and more
- Understand and influence the roadmaps of our external payment providers`
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience building fraud, compliance or payments products in a product management role at FinTech, Marketplace or and/or Subscription eCommerce businesses.
- Experience leading 1-2 product teams working on complex challenges in the areas of fraud, compliance or payments
- Strong understanding of fraud and fraud management strategies. Have worked with fraud management at scale.
- Strong understanding of the payments, fraud management and compliance ecosystem and provider stack.
- Attention to detail - we process and pay out a lot of money on behalf of creators. There is little room for error
- Deep customer centricity
- Inspiring and motivating - Ability to tell a story for the problems you’re solving and the vision you want to realize; balanced with the details
- Agility & Flexibility - we’re a dynamic, high growth company in a new and expanding market; we need people who are able to think on their feet and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ownership - the desire to be accountable to metric-moving outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills & leadership presence
Projects you may work on:
- Enhancing and optimizing Patreon’s fraud identification tools
- Implementing controls around the movement of Creator funds
- Implementing industry best practice “Know Your Customer” processes
- Optimizing the mix of internal and external fraud management tools
- Building out intuitive dispute management tools for Creators and Patrons
What you will have the chance to learn:
- The dynamics of the Creator economy
- The global payments ecosystem from end to end
- Operating at huge scale - we process thousands of payments per second
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn