- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Product Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Technical Program Manager
What you will do:
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of strategic, cross-functional programs.
- Build holistic plans incorporating dependencies, key deliverables and milestones, and risk mitigation to ensure a strong foundation for programs.
- Drive all aspects of program management (planning, data gathering, analysis, communication, risk management and mitigation, status tracking and reporting, implementation, monitoring, execution, and to successfully carry out the initiative/program.
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to create a robust, predictable, priority driven culture in an Agile environment
- Identify impediments the team experiences and work with stakeholders to address them
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and backlog grooming sessions where necessary
Skills and experience you possess:
- Strong program management experience, including 7+ years driving complex, multi-year technical programs
- Solid understanding of Scrum, Kanban, and scaled Agile principles and practices
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to influence without having authority
- Passion for operational excellence, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way creative work is made.
- Experience with Infrastructure and Security teams
Projects you may work on:
- Unified Logging Pipeline - organizing engineers across teams to curate and build a logging pipelines from various applications and systems across Patreon.
- Tokenizer environment for CC processing - helping a cross functional team effort with designing and building a cardholder data environment that meets all compliance and regulatory requirements.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will empower teams and help build the next generation of the Patreon Membership Product
- You will help us build a great engineering culture and a great company
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong engineering brand
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn