- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Product Management
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
As an Associate Brand Marketing Manager on the Brand Team, you’ll define what makes Patreon Patreon, and how we show up in the world. Partnering with a collaborative set of designers, writers, creators, and more, you’ll bring our story to new audiences through brand campaigns, partnerships, and programs. You’ll have the opportunity to usher Patreon into its next era and help us redefine how we champion and serve the creative class.
Please note: This role will require being in office a few days a week. San Francisco is preferred, but we are open to NY and LA.
What you’ll do:
- Introduce our new brand. Patreon is growing up. You’ll help implement our new brand and make sure we’re telling a bold, cohesive story across everything that we do.
- Shout about Patreon from the rooftops. You’ll partner with the larger brand team to bring campaigns big and small to life.
- Find our new best friends. Explore partnership opportunities with like-minded brands and editorial outlets to bring our vision for the creator economy to new audiences.
- Be at the forefront of culture. Keep your pulse on what’s happening in the creative space. Surface emerging trends, communities, and up-and-coming creators and share what you find with the team.
- Bring a brand point-of-view to everything we do. You’ll know the Patreon brand inside and out. Partner with teams across Patreon to ensure we’re designing messaging and programs that serve our creators in meaningful, ownable ways.
- Lead with insights. Partner with product marketing, research, and analytics teams to ensure our initiatives are grounded in solid insights.
Skills and experience you possess:
- A passion for the creators and shaping a creator economy that works for all.
- Experience with starting cultural conversations through impactful brand campaigns.
- Strong fluency in all things social media.
- Know how to take customer insights and transform them into creative marketing programs.
- An enthusiastic brand steward with an eye for detail.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn