- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Product Management
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to transform the Patreon brand to power the growing dreams of our creators, large and small. To do so, we are seeking an experienced Associate Media Director that has helped grow culture-defining brands with smart, creative and effective media strategies.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Awareness Strategy: Help develop a robust cross-channel performance strategy that gets our brand and content in front of the right audience at the right time, measures the results, and aggressively optimizes spends.
- Content & Creative: Help amplify our original content across all online and offline channels - YouTube, social media, events, activations, web.
- Creator Launches: Develop innovative media plans when we launch A-List creators to make sure they reach the right audience.
- International: In collaboration with Patreon’s product organization, bring Patreon global.
- Partnerships: Identify and establish valuable marketing partnerships and collaborations, increasing Patreon’s visibility and driving earned media.
- 5+ years of B2C media strategy and placement experience helping define world class brands with smart, engaging campaigns and content.
- Strong integrated marketing mindset with the ability to craft a balanced strategy that employs online/offline, brand communication, advertising, paid and earned media, social media, event marketing, guerilla marketing.
- High EQ with proven experience in building brands inclusive of large and diverse audiences.
- Vendor and agency management.
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to complex problems and articulate clear goals, insights, plans and achievements to the core executive team and board.
- Expertise in awareness driving campaigns that use the full suits of levers and channels to build brands and amplify content.
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn