- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Product Management
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
As the sole Content Lead you’ll be joining a dedicated creative team producing awesome, engaging content to get creators excited about our platform. You’ll be steering our emerging content marketing ship, coordinating with creative, analytics, paid media and our social media to make sure we have the right social strategy, it’s translated across our channels and the trains don’t go off the rails. You’re a master planner but feel equally at home helping drafting copy and helping creative teams do their best work.
If you’re up for the challenge and ready to produce some great content, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with members of the creative, paid, brand and social teams to deliver amazing design work that leaves no doubt about what Patreon stands for.
- Own the content marketing strategy and translate everything to the right stakeholders.
- Manage the editorial process for our company blog.
- Work with a team of content creators and ensure their work is consistently high quality and on brand.
Traits and experience you possess:
- 10+ years of relevant work with a diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in web/digital, events & experiential, paid digital, social, collateral, sales support and campaigns.
- Multi-hyphenate skill set: Digital-traditional-social, Advertising-marketing-content, Long-form and short-form content, Left-brain-right-brain-creative-strategic.
- Ability to succeed and embody a growth mindset in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced. environment with frequently changing priorities.
- An analytical mindset, coupled with a healthy love of spreadsheets
- You think big and push to realize the best ideas—the path of least resistance bores you.
- The curiosity to listen and learn, and the confidence to tell it like it is.
- An eagle eye for detail and the ability to catch errors before they happen.
- You love social media and wouldn’t dream of putting using a Facebook video on TikTok.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.