- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 26, 2021
- Product Management
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to transform the Patreon brand to power the growing dreams of our creators, large and small. To do so, we are seeking an experienced Media Director that has helped grow culture-defining brands with smart, creative and effective media strategies.
What you will do:
- Write (a lot!)
- Partner with content marketing, social media, events, performance marketing, and creator partnerships to bring our brand voice to life in a non-Frankenstein way.
- Bring the Patreon brand to life across paid, earned and owned channels.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Toggling between writing short-form social media posts, long-form blogs, paid media copy and everything in between!
- Effectively communicating with teammates and presenting creative ideas providing clear rationale and insights.
- Juggling several projects at once and being comfortable in the proverbial fast-paced environment.
- Having attention to detail and good grammar skills, because what’s the point otherwise?