- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Product Management
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Creator Acquisition Lead, Hispanic/Latinx to join our Creator Partnerships team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager, Creator Acquisition to develop a qualified target list of lighthouse creators for partnership with Patreon.
- Leverage creator economy contacts to establish contact, build relationships, and negotiate partnerships with agents, managers and creators in order to explore membership with their fan base.
- Travel all over North, Central, and South America to meet, pitch, and recruit strategic Hispanic and Latinx creators onto Patreon.
- Possess an intimate understanding of Hispanic/Latinx pop culture, especially music, digital, film, and television; leverage this knowledge to dive deep into creators’ content history and current objectives to develop bespoke pitches with Patreon’s creative team that speak to their unique creative and business needs.
- Work with data science to forecast earnings projections along with the network effects of the creator in question to aid in the development of deal proposals.
- Leverage the tools necessary - financial incentives included - to help social creators prioritize and accelerate the launch of their membership.
- Collaborate with the launch, marketing, and creator success teams on creators’ membership strategies, including their content, tiers, and benefits. If content production services are required, identify potential partners to help produce and manage accordingly.
- In coordination with Patreon’s creator success team, establish quarterly goals and determine the definition of ongoing success for the creator and their fans on Patreon.
- Negotiate term sheets and secure the support of Patreon legal to facilitate completion of long-form contracts.
- Collaborate with launch, PR, marketing, creative, and creator success to establish creator launch plans, incorporating all relevant physical and digital touch points - i.e., earned media; video interviews; paid and organic socials; billboards; podcast advertising; and events.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You speak Spanish with native fluency, and may even speak Portuguese (nice to have)
- You possess 6-8 years of sales, partnerships, and dealmaking experience at a brand, agency, social media company, creator technology platform, or a content production studio
- You have an intimate, native understanding of Hispanic/Latinx pop culture, internet culture, creator economy, cultural shifts, and the technology platforms competing for market share.
- You know which Hispanic and Latinx creators are hot, cold, and timeless, and keep tabs on the most culturally relevant social talent across a variety of genres, mediums, and content platforms.
- You have exceptional English and Spanish communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You know how to communicate different to talent, representatives, partners, peers, and direct reports and can context switch quickly and fluently
- You make a mean pitch deck in Google Docs, Powerpoint, or Keynote and are great at presenting
- You love to build things in a fast-paced environment and need little or no direction to do so.
- You are an excellent and experienced negotiator, always aiming to get the most and give the least, but never putting the deal or the relationship at risk
- You truly believe in the concept of “Creator First”
- You like to win and have fun doing it!
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn