- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Product Management
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 250,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 8 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to be the number one membership platform in the world for creators of all kinds. To help achieve this objective, we are seeking a Creator Acquisition Lead, Lifestyle to work closely with our Sr. Manager, Creator Acquisition and our Head of Creator Partnerships to launch Lifestyle lighthouse creators on the platform. This proactive individual will leverage their creator economy industry experience and resulting rolodex to help educate Lifestyle creators across entertainment and social about Patreon, memberships, and the creative and revenue opportunities available to multi-hyphenate talent who embrace the model. In success, we envision this person building and leading the Lifestyle vertical within the Creator Partnerships team!
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager, Creator Acquisition to develop a qualified target list of lighthouse Lifestyle creators for partnership with Patreon.
- Leverage creator economy contacts to establish contact, build relationships, and negotiate partnerships with agents, managers and creators in order to explore membership with their fan base.
- Possess an intimate understanding of pop culture, especially film and television; leverage this knowledge to dive deep into a Lifestyle creator’s content history and current objectives to develop bespoke pitches with Patreon’s creative team that speak to their unique creative and business needs.
- Work with data science to forecast earnings projections along with the network effects of the creator in question to aid in the development of deal proposals.
- Leverage the tools necessary - financial incentives included - to help Lifestyle creators prioritize and accelerate the launch of their membership.
- Collaborate with the launch, marketing, and creator success teams on creators’ membership strategies, including their content, tiers, and benefits. If content production services are required, identify potential partners to help produce and manage accordingly.
- In coordination with Patreon’s creator success team, establish quarterly goals and determine the definition of ongoing success for the creator and their fans on Patreon.
- Negotiate term sheets and secure the support of Patreon legal to facilitate completion of long-form contracts.
- Collaborate with launch, PR, marketing, creative, and creator success to establish creator launch plans, incorporating all relevant physical and digital touch points - i.e., earned media; video interviews; paid and organic socials; billboards; podcast advertising; and events.
Who You Are:
- You possess 6-8 years of sales, partnerships, and dealmaking experience at a talent agency, social media company, creator technology platform, or a content production studio.
- You have an intimate understanding of various lifestyle categories including fashion, food, and beauty, as well as general pop culture, internet culture, creator economy, cultural shifts, and the technology platforms competing for market share.
- You know which Lifestyle creators are hot, cold, and timeless, and keep tabs on the most culturally relevant Lifestyle creators across a variety of subgenres, mediums, and content platforms.
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You know how to communicate different to talent, representatives, partners, peers, and direct reports and can context switch quickly and fluently
- You make a mean pitch deck in Google Docs, Powerpoint, or Keynote and are great at presenting
- You love to build things in a fast-paced environment and need little or no direction to do so.
- You are an excellent and experienced negotiator, always aiming to get the most and give the least, but never putting the deal or the relationship at risk
- You truly believe in the concept of “Creator First”
- You like to win and have fun doing it!
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn