- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Product Management
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 250,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 8 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to be the number one membership platform in the world for creators of all kinds. To help achieve this objective, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Creator Launch in NY or LA to work closely with our Head of Creator Partnerships and lead our Creator Launch team, providing hands-on project management and marketing to drive successful Patreon page launches for strategic creator partners on the platform. This proactive leader will leverage their creator economy, people management, project management, and product marketing experience to build, mentor, and grow a team that will drive the success of Patreon’s creator partnerships efforts.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the Head of Creator Partnerships, as well as internal stakeholders within Creator Partnerships team, the larger Go to Market department, and across Patreon to successfully launch dozens of Lighthouse and strategic creators membership businesses onto the platform
- Lead and grow a world-class team of project manager-marketers focused on wrangling key creator partners and their teams to implement best practices around Patreon page branding, tier structure, and launch marketing in order maximize the revenue generated by strategic creator partners
- Build a turnkey set of processes and frameworks to enable the team to launch a high volume of creators with a high rate of success
- Develop an intimate understanding of a creator’s content history and current objectives to create bespoke page setups that speak to the unique creative voice and audience needs of each creator
- Leverage the tools necessary to help creators prioritize and accelerate the launch of their membership.
- Collaborate with the creator on their membership content strategy, including their supporting benefit delivery and tiers. If content production services are required, identify potential partners to help produce and manage accordingly.
- In coordination with Patreon’s creator success team, establish quarterly goals and determine the definition of success for the creator and their fans on Patreon.
- Collaborate with PR, marketing, creative, data science, and creator success to establish Lighthouse creator launch plans, incorporating all relevant physical and digital touch points - i.e., earned media; video interviews; paid and organic socials; billboards; podcast advertising; and events.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You possess 7 - 10+ years of project management and/or product marketing experience at a content or consumer goods company that develops, produces, markets, and distributes its products in collaboration with influential creative people at high volume and frequency.
- You have 3-5 years of people management experience
- You are the most organized person anyone you know knows
- You have successfully launched dozens of pieces of content and/or individual products
- You have knowledge and experience across a number of marketing areas, from PR to paid media to social to influencer marketing
- You have an intimate understanding of the creator economy, cultural shifts, and the technology platforms competing for market share.
- You know who the key influencers are across a variety of platforms and verticals.
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You know how to communicate different to talent, representatives, partners, peers, and direct reports and can context switch quickly and fluently
- You make a mean pitch deck in Google Docs, Powerpoint, or Keynote and are great at presenting
- You love to build things in a fast-paced environment and need little or no direction to do so.
- You don’t see people management as the job, but rather as a way to free up your time to do the actual job
- You aren’t just a people manager - you’re a creative organizer who also manages
- You have a keen eye for talent, even if a diamond is in the rough
- You truly believe in the concept of “Creator First”
- You like to win and have fun doing it!
Projects you may work on:
Launching all of our strategic and Lighthouse creator partnerships
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn