- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Product Management
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
- To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
- As a Senior Video Producer at Patreon you’ll be joining a growing video team producing awesome, engaging content that gets creators excited about us.
- We’re looking for an outstanding storyteller who can think outside the box and juggle multiple projects at the same time. You know the ins and outs of creating content for YouTube and other social platforms and are passionate about making content that moves people and grows audiences. You can pivot from shorts to documentaries, from Tiktok to explainers and love experimenting with new ways of reaching creators and their fans through video.
- If you’re up for the challenge and ready to produce some great content, let’s talk!
What you will do
- Apply your storytelling skills to bring can’t miss videos to life for Patreon’s social channels
- See videos through the the entire production process, from concepting, pre-production to final edit and publishing
- Ideate future video concepts alongside the rest of the creative team
Skills and experience you possess
- 5+ years experience in a video production role
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Premiere and After Effects
- Experience creating video content specifically for Youtube (experience with other social media platforms a plus)
- Master storyteller who is able to easily work within different formats
- Ability to juggle several projects at once and manage your time so projects are completed on schedule
- Excellent organizational and file management skills
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn