- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Product Management
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We’re incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we’re just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we’ve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That’s over three times bigger than where we were just six months ago! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We’ve been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz’s How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to transform the Patreon brand to power the growing dreams of our creators, large and small. Last year we expanded to Europe and opened our Berlin office. To help accelerate growth in the European market Patreon is looking for a passionate Social Media Manager to kick start our social media presence in the UK & Ireland and build followership and engagement with our creator and fan community.
What you’ll do:
- This position requires deep experience with the ins and outs of social media and a pulse on new trends and best practices in this space. As the Social Media Manager for GSA, you’ll be the voice of our brand championing our local creator community.
- You will be responsible for launching our social media presence in German language, building followership and engagement. In partnership with an agency, you’ll develop the editorial calendar as well as the content production process.
- As a person you are a great communicator, work independently and in partnership with different stakeholders across the global organization.. You have a passion for music, video, podcast, visual arts and entertainment and a good understanding of the cultural landscape in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In this role, you will work on:
- Daily inbound message management & proactive creator engagement
- Stay close to our GSA creator community in support of their creativity
- Be a champion for creative people and creative independence
- Execute the newly built EU social strategy and shape the UK&I strategy
- Develop an editorial calendar and key cultural milestones for the respective markets
- Develop playbooks for evergreen content formats
- Develop compelling social media content to bring Patreon’s mission to life
- Localize and adapt global content franchises as well as develop new ones
- Develop paid plan to boost organic content for bigger visibility and engagement
- Cross-Functional Support
- Gather social product feedback & partner with Creator Happiness to solve support issues
- Partner with Comms and Trust & Safety to address communication and brand risk incidents that arise in region
- Partner with the Education & Community team on supporting dialogue with our creators and providing insight from social conversations, run forums
- Analytics / Reporting
- Closely track key KPIs and metrics and communicate internally on success stories and challenges, always optimize content plan for better results
Traits and experience you possess:
- 3-5 years social media marketing experience
- Strong written communications skills and a comfort “speaking internet”
- Proven knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, etc. and curiosity for learning about emerging channels
- Interest in internet subcultures and passion for digital content creators
- Strong understanding of social media KPIs and tools (e.g. Sprout)
- Demonstrable experience in content production and management
- Experienced in leveraging “paid” to accelerate organic success
How you’ll grow:
- Empowering leaders to support the creator community at-large
- Scaling and localizing community programs to an international audience
- Driving cross-functional collaboration in a global company experiencing exciting growth
- Get a deep understanding of creators who work across all mediums and topics. Learn what motivates them, what connects them, and how they build successful careers.
- Get hands-on experience building and scaling a creator community at a fast-growing, mission-driven company
- Learn from other highly collaborative, cross-functional peers of all seniority levels on a variety of teams (i.e. product, marketing, policy, research, data science, and more)
- Grow your management skills by organizing and motivating a team of volunteer community moderators and collaborators; opportunity for the right person to build their own team as the program’s impact and influence grows.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re result-driven in your decision-making
- You strive to improve marketing excellence and creativity
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviours:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!