- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Android Engineer.
What you will do:
- Lead and contribute to development and design of our core product features and systems within the Android app while working with cross-functional team members.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Mentor and support your teammates in their professional growth.
- Advocate for optimized practices across the engineering organization.
- Collaborate with people from all walks of life, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Build a mobile product that helps creators focus on their work while making a living through our platform and enables Patrons to easily find, access, and consume the content they love.
- Potential to learn and contribute to cross-codebase initiatives: front-end, backend, etc
- Fix bugs and improve performance.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 4+ years experience with designing, building, and maintaining complex mobile apps on Android with both Kotlin and Java
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You have experience shipping Android apps internationally.
- You understand how Internet services work at scale.
- You have opinions on what makes effective programming and testing practices.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You know how to write clear code.
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism.
- Knowledge of general mobile landscape including architecture, trends, & emerging technologies.
- Take ownership of your work by meeting deadlines, anticipating delays, and raising issues appropriately
Projects you may work on:
- Build tools & features to help creators manage their businesses, gain insights from their data, and engage with their fans
- Build an amazing Patron experience for finding, and consuming membership benefits from the Creators they love
- Support and build new systems that power our core product experience.
- Supporting and building out the core Android app architecture
- Quality, performance, accessibility initiatives
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.