- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Senior Developer Experience Engineer.
What you will do
- Help build, scale, and maintain the development environment at Patreon
- Build and maintain tools to improve the development lifecycle
- Identify opportunities for new processes and solutions, design, and build these solutions
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to define best practices
- Work with engineering teams to improve their development processes
- Research new technologies and prototype solutions to optimize the development lifecycle.
Skills and experience you possess
- Have 3 or more years of backend and/or frontend experience
- Have 3 or more years of experience with testing best practices and CI/CD tools
- Have 2 or more years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, or similar)
- Have 2 or more years of of experience in Linux system administration and shell scripting
- Be interested in setting engineering best practices and improving engineering processes
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn