- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer.
What you will do:
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of a new foundation for Patreon
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the area system design, performance, and testing
- Foster clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Advocate for engineering systems and solutions that will accelerate product development in the long-run
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system design and implementation
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Fluency in modern web technologies
- Enforces a high standard of quality and craft with an eye for UX and engineering detail
- Familiarity with designing, building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining code in multi-service architecture
- Experience with React and React Native
- Experience with node.js and related web frameworks
- Experience with GraphQL and keeping GraphQL performant
- Experience with build tools like Webpack, Babel, CircleCI
- Experience designing clean and useable APIs
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for elegant and simple solutions for complex requirements
Projects you may work on:
- Build the foundation for an entire new fan and creator experience
- Build the foundation for a flexible service oriented backend architecture that will serve multiple client apps
- Establish the conventions and patterns that will multiply and maximize engineering productivity
What you will have the chance to learn:
You will learn ways to empower creators to get paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.