- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans? We do. Which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Patreon, a $4 Billion Series F startup, is sparking a creator revolution to help creators get paid on a recurring basis. It is also creating a new economy of empowered artists. Patreon has landed on numerous award lists, including CNBC’s 2021 Top 50 Disruptors, Fast Company’s 2019 Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ 2019 Next Billion Dollar Startup. As we expand, we are looking for the best and brightest to join us.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our growing New York City office in Soho.
What you will do:
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of a new mobile foundation for Patreon
- Level up mobile at Patreon. We’re a small team and your impact will be immense across our creators and their millions of paying members
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the area system design, performance, and testing
- Foster clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Advocate for engineering systems and solutions that will accelerate product development in the long-run
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system design and implementation
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers`
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience in building high quality well-crafted iOS applications
- Strong Swift and Objective-C fluency and you’ve handled UI, networking, and threading in these languages
- Enforces a high standard of quality and craft with an eye for UX and engineering detail
- Familiarity with designing, building, deploying, and monitoring app releases
- Experience designing clean and useable APIs
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for elegant and simple solutions for complex requirements
- Nice to have: experience with GraphQL. Familiarity with other parts of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, and Kotlin
Projects you may work on:
- Build the foundation for an entirely new mobile focused fan and creator experience for iOS
- Establish the conventions and patterns that will multiply and maximize engineering productivity for other mobile engineers
What you will have the chance to learn:
You will learn ways to empower creators to get paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living and achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!