- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Associate Manager, Product Support to join our team. This person should love solving problems and care deeply about customer support at scale. We are looking for a support manager or supervisor that has experience managing remote and/or global support teams.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for recruiting, managing and developing a passionate team of Product Support agents underneath the Community Happiness umbrella. It’s up to you to ensure our creators and patrons receive phenomenal support from that team.
- Determine support needs by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, and capacity planning, alongside fellow Product Support Managers.
- Build and develop strong relationships with Community Happiness teams and advise on data and support needs based on team feedback.
- Troubleshoot and solve support tickets from patrons and creators in order to gain experience with our ticket demands and in the future, serve as the final point of escalation for difficult or sensitive inquiries
- Work with the Community Happiness to improve existing processes as we scale
- Recruit and hire world-class agents to Patreon
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years of background working in a support management role or relevant experience
- Experience mentoring OR managing junior teammates
- Motivation to scale support with robust care and speed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand and explain complicated product and policy concepts
- Comfortable in working with short, or flexible timelines
- A proactive nature, a positive attitude, and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond to learn new skills and get things done and solve problems for creators and patrons
- You live to become a Patreon expert - learning the ins and outs of our complex platform excites you
- Ability to learn quickly and develop an understanding of complex product features with regular updates
- API support experience a plus
- Zendesk experience a plus
What you will have the opportunity to do:
- Guide a growing team with strong team culture and career paths
- Gain empathy for the creator and patron experience
- Be apart of the foundational support team for Patreon
- Enhance and refine the support experience at a company scaling fast
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn