- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 9, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Creator Success Strategist.
What you will do:
- Managed creator insights: You will work with our Partner Managers and directly with Patreon creators to identify themes and insights, turning them into creator-facing resources that can benefit thousands of Patreon creators
- Community & Education best practices: Our most engaged creators participate in our Community & Education programs and are eager to partner with this role to pay forward their learnings through new tools we develop for all Patreon creators
- Custom analysis for creators: Design and execute on projects with Partner Manager to dig into the on- or off-platform performance of a specific creator, presenting them with personalized recommendations
- Internal thought leader: You’ll supercharge our internal sharing of the team’s creator insights and help influence all Patreon teammates to build with these creator needs in mind
Skills and experience you possess:
- Working with customers to understand needs: Experience directly engaging with customers to understand their goals, successes, and pain points
- Synthesizing best practices and insights: Turning data points and stories into insights that unlock progress and new opportunities for customers
- Creating compelling customer resources: Writing material that conveys insights in a clear and engaging way, in a variety of lengths and digital formats
- Data analytics - Analyzing and data reports, including understanding the output of existing dashboards, lightweight customization, pulling data into a spreadsheet for further manipulation, summarizing findings in graphs and tables
- Passion for the creator economy: Connection to creators and artists through professional or personal involvement and excitement about helping them succeed as independent businesses
Projects you may work on:
- Synthesizing insights about the proven tactics for driving patron retention
- Off-platform best practices for promoting membership to a creator’s audience
- Partnering with Data Science to develop new reports to predict creator growth
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will uncover leading edge insights for the emerging creative middle class
- You will develop impactful content that becomes go-to resources for creative businesses
- You will help shape how to scale the Creator Success team to support more creators in more holistic areas of growing a creative career
Who You’ll Work With:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch’s article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR’s How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn