- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Social Support Specialist to join our team.
We’re looking for a strong writer with an acute understanding of motivation and sentiment through written communication. This person should also love creating systems and processes at scale to help the team effectively communicate off-platform. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you’ll work to execute on our vision by responding and triaging our social media channels and creating processes, writing documentation and collaborating with Marketing, Creator Success and Product. A person in this role will work to understand and teach the team where and when creators and patrons need help and why while still finding ways to quickly resolve their problems through the use of social media.
- Ensure content is consistent, intuitive, and reflective of Patreon’s tone and voice
- Respond to all support questions sent via our various social channels, beginning with Twitter and expanding other channels like Discord, Instagram, and Facebook
- Share daily support content (original text, images, gifs, video or HTML) that encourages creators and patrons to take action to resolve common account questions
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information to build better social support tactics
- Collaborate with other departments (Content Moderation, Marketing, Creator Success) to manage our reputation by triaging content your see posted on social media and coordinating next steps
- Work with CH Manager to report on KPIs that measure performance and look for optimization opportunities to continually improve the social support experience
- Leverage experiments and feedback channels to continually improve existing social support processes
Qualifications you have:
- 3+ years in a support-centric role, preferably with 1+ years on social support
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, empathetic, jargon-free language using Patreon’s voice and tone guide
- Editing skills, with the ability to quickly identify style and grammar errors before you hit send
- Experience creating annotated screenshots, gifs, and screencast videos for social media consumption (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Discord)
- An understanding of how to write for self-service resolution and social media, while conveying enthusiasm and empathy
- Comfort in working with short, or flexible timelines - sometimes you’ll need to hop online to cover an urgent issue with the site - collaborating with other teams quickly and efficiently
- A proven track record of high-performance in your current role, strong attention to detail, excellent time-management and organizational skills, and a creative approach to solving problems
- A proactive nature, a positive attitude, and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond to learn new skills and get things done and solve problems for creators and patrons
- You live to become a Patreon expert - attending QA and demo days where appropriate
What you will have the opportunity to do:
- Help build our social support strategy from the ground floor
- Gain empathy for the creator and patron experience
- Be apart of the foundational support team for Patreon
- Enhance and refine the support experience at a company scaling fast
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn