- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers’ are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviours are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
As the Fraud Analyst at Persona you will use your attention to detail and analytical prowess to contribute to high impact and high priority customer and product projects. Ultimately, your work will increase customers’ trust in our ability to detect and prevent fraud, improve the quality of our product, shape our roadmap, and serve as the foundation for a scalable Fraud team.
- In this role, you will...
- Investigate complex situations and potential fraud from end users across verification submissions (e.g. government IDs, supplementary documents, selfies), passive signals, and behavioral signals
- Work closely with engineering, product, customer success, and sales
- Lead proactive and reactive audits to identify and analyze fraud
- Distill quantitative and qualitative fraud insights from audits to help customers and prospects understand how to leverage and configure our product to deter fraud
- Document and organize analyses into internal and external-facing reports and scalable, reusable documentation
- Research fraud trends to contribute to the team’s collective knowledge, becoming an in-house subject matter expert on fraud vectors unique to our industry
- Help regression test new fraud-related product releases and ensure they improve our ability to detect fraud
- Track and classify fraud cases using internal tools, using them to recognize fraudulent/suspicious trends over time and run analyses on false positives and negatives to determine the efficacy of our fraud checks
- Maintain confidentiality while analyzing sensitive information
- 2+ years of fraud, risk, or transaction analysis experience in a rapidly-changing industry
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and takes initiative to tackle problems
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills
- Able to learn fast and adapt to new technologies
- Have a relentless and critical eye for detail
- Able to work under pressure to meet customer-facing deadlines
- Resourceful and creative in identifying constantly-evolving fraud vectors
- Ability to analyze data for patterns
- Basic SQL experience
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our DEI Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
If you'd like to better understand what it's like working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor.