- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 26, 2021
- Data Science
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers’ are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviours are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
About the Role
- Investigate complex situations and potential fraud from end users across verification submissions (e.g. government IDs, supplementary documents, selfies), passive signals, and behavioral signals
- Distill quantitative and qualitative insights from audits to design innovative methods for reducing risk without compromising end-user experience.
- Design methods for evaluating, documenting, and communicating feature effectiveness across a wide range of risk use cases and configurations
- Implement combined classical computer vision and ML algorithms to improve the predictive power and performance of the product.
- Invent, analyze, design, develop and optimize scanning technologies that will help protect our customers’ identities and create a safer internet
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, customer success managers and sales collaborators to explore and implement to delight our customers and our customers’ customers
- 2+ years of fraud, risk, or transaction analysis experience in a rapidly-changing industry
- Extreme self-starter who is able to work independently and takes initiative to tackle problems
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Experience designing and training predictive statistics-based models
- Experience of Software development in one or more of the general purpose programming languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, etc
- Problem solving and optimization experience
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Expertise in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or other signal processing related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Persona. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.