- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers’ are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviours are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
About the role
We’re looking for an HR Generalist who is a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. This individual will be responsible for helping maintain employee relations, regulatory compliance, and training and development. The ideal candidate will have strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training.
- Support the Business Operations Manager on all internal and external HR-related matters
- Research compensation levels to match the market using industry benchmarks as standards based on a given job function
- Assist with HRIS record keeping ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Partner with PEO providers in US and Canada resolving any payroll discrepancies, benefits inquiries, and quarterly tax filings
- Oversee open enrollment and benefits administration
- Work closely with Business Operations Manager and COO on all confidential employee investigations
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and roll out employee handbook and maintain other employee and company resources to make sure they are up to date
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance reviews with managers and leadership
- Develop manager training resources and programming
- Streamline organizational guidelines and procedures
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Stay up to date on California HR laws and practices (payroll, benefits, compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.) and any states / countries where there are personerds
- Work closely with benefits broker to maintain and manage benefits plans with carriers, overseeing the implementation of new policies as needed
- Refine onboarding and offboarding as we transition back into the office
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Have excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent self-initiated project management and thorough execution
- Quick and relentless learner that’s not afraid to dive into complex projects that require critical thinking
- Able to work cross-functionally, manage complex projects autonomously, and drive them forward while keeping stakeholders in the loop
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects and adhere to deadlines AND collaboratively with multiple individuals to get the job done
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Hungry to learn and grow and define the culture of a company
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Solid knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of HRIS systems a huge plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Additional HR training will be a plus
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our DEI Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
If you'd like to better understand what it's like working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor.