- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers’ are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviours are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
We’re looking for security engineers with strong coding fundamentals, a product-driven mindset, and a bias towards shipping. We strive to promote an inclusive culture, with engineers who are highly collaborative and want to learn and grow together.
About the Role
As a Security Engineer at Persona, you will implement security controls across our applications, infrastructure, and corporate environment. This is intentionally a very broad scope! We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of those areas, but we do expect you to be willing to dive into any security projects we have, even if they’re outside of your comfort zone.
- Partner with other Persona engineers building our products, to make sure that security is considered in all phases of our product lifecycle.
- Implement security controls in both our application and infrastructure.
- Respond to security bug reports; help prioritize and fix.
- Automate security defect discovery.
- Help teach security principles to the rest of the organization.
- 4+ years of security engineering experience
- Demonstrated successful collaboration with non-security engineers
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, etc
- Desire and ability to write production quality code
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our DEI Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.