- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 26, 2021
- Product Engineering
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers’ identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviors are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
About the role
Persona is looking for an experienced PM to define and build a best-in-class developer experience for Persona’s growing user base of developers ranging from the largest enterprises and strategic partners to small startups. You will be responsible for developing the platform features, tools, and resources to provide a delightful experience throughout the end-to-end integration lifecycle, enabling (customers’) developers to discover, learn, integrate, test, and launch using Persona’s Dashboard, APIs and SDKs. This role will own one of the highest priority requests from customers with a huge and immediate impact.
What you’ll achieve
- Define, standardize, and optimize various workflows and tooling to drive developer adoption throughout their lifecycle including: internal & external documentation that ensures easy API discovery and comprehension, the Developers section in Dashboard, test environment, SDKs and other tooling to accelerate integration.
- Build empathy with Persona’s Customer Engineers and developers from all walks of life as they build, deploy and operate their flow integrated with Persona’s platform
- Use data and customer feedback to inform the evolution of our products and services, measure the impact of our launches, and create growth opportunities.
- Identify the biggest opportunities for us to help developers and influence and collaborate with other Product teams to align on resources and priorities
- Drive execution against plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication, both internally and with partners.
- Manage the design, development, integration and release of product features used by developers. Ensure ongoing reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Product to launch new features and drive product awareness and adoption
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to operationalize API releases, API reference generation, and public API roadmap updates.
- Be an advocate for developers, evangelizing developer experience and API best practices to internal Product and Engineering teams.
What you’ll bring to Persona
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager working on technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms
- You have technical experience with REST APIs, SDKs, and developer productivity tools
- Have a successful track record of taking on end-to-end ownership and leading cross-functional teams to deliver great product experiences
- You have deep empathy for customers and curiosity to learn their needs, workflow and pain points
- You have demonstrated success building buy-in from not only your Product team, but also other Product teams and cross-functional partners
- You have demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges
- You have an ability to build compelling value propositions and influence stakeholders (both technical and non-technical audiences)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of developer problems
- You are a fast learner and a fast mover, thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ambiguous environment
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, APIs, programming languages, and databases, ideally having worked as a developer yourself
- You are motivated by the chance to improve the lives of developers.
Nice to haves
- A love of developer products and tools.
- A strong understanding of the developer community.
- We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- If you'd like to better understand what it's like working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor.