- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Product Management
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better verify and protect their customers’ identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviors are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers first.
Persona is expanding rapidly with the launch of the first permanent free solution in the identity verification industry and we are looking for an analytical Growth Marketing Manager to scale the self-serve business.
As a Growth Marketing Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the growth of Persona’s freemium self-serve funnel. You will own the end-to-end experience of the self-serve customer base, from signup and activation to expansion and upgrades. You will design and execute on strategies to drive demand for the top of funnel, experiences to deepen user engagement and ways to nurture accounts into sales opportunities.
This will be a highly cross-functional role, you will partner closely with Product, Design, Engineering, Content, Sales, and Customer Success to optimize the product experience. Your ability to articulate recommendations and align various stakeholders will be crucial.
- Resourceful. You have a “get it done” attitude. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity, relentless about driving clarity, and able to keep multiple projects on track in an extremely fast-moving environment.
- Analytical. You will drive decisions through insights, quantitative analysis, and testing. You have the ability to turn unstructured data into learnings and actionable next steps.
- Ambitious. You love thinking about complex problems and finding opportunities to verify or invalidate assumptions.
- A team player. You are able to work across a wide range of functions to lead and execute on cross-functional projects, driving alignment every step of the way from conception to completion. More than anything, you take pride in helping your teammates succeed.
- Always curious. You want to understand how things work under the hood. You like to develop deep product knowledge and you optimize for learning at every stop.
What will you do
- Scale the freemium, self-serve business
- Own the growth strategy across acquisition, onboarding, activation, and upgrades.
- Identify, test, and optimize acquisition channels to drive signups, including partnerships, referral programs, SEO, traditional and emerging channels
- Form and validate hypotheses for accelerating conversion and activation.
- Conduct CRO experiments across site, landing pages, and onboarding flow to optimize conversion rates.
- Collaborate with Content to drive awareness and consideration with educational content, including whitepapers, webinars, and more.
- Optimize the end-to-end experience of the freemium, self-serve business
- Understand key steps in the customer journey and identify conversion paths and optimization opportunities
- Own messaging for the self-serve customer segment and create tailored communication strategies to deepen user engagement
- Collaborate with Content, Product, Eng, Design, and Customer Success teams to optimize onboarding experience, including the creation of product video tours, maintaining our external docs, and other educational content
- Partner with Product Marketing to support product launches to freemium customer base
- Own day-to-day management, analysis, and reporting of the self-serve funnel
- Leverage data, research, and customer interviews to understand the target audience, including pains points, needs, and behavioral patterns to uncover insights that will drive activation, expansion, and upgrades and work with product team to act on these needs and insights
- Identify high-value freemium accounts and surface sales opportunities
- Define KPIs for success and develop standard reporting to continuously measure the efficacy of the self-serve funnel, utilizing web and product analytics tools (Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mode)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in marketing, product, or management consulting, Experience scaling self-serve funnel is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, familiar with SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with leveraging web and product analytics tools to surface insights. Familiarity with Amplitude and Google Analytics is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our DEI Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
If you'd like to better understand what it's like working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor.