- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 3, 2021
At Persona, we’re building the first universal and comprehensive identity infrastructure to help businesses of all sizes better serve and protect their customers’ identities. Our identity platform enables businesses to securely collect and manage their customers’ personal information, to verify that their customers’ are who they say they are, to analyze and detect fraud and abuse, and to pull sensitive reports about their customers in a privacy-centric way. In a world where consumer behaviors are changing and privacy and identity are taking on a new meaning, we want to help businesses find their superpowers and do it while putting their customers, the people, first.
What you’ll achieve
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be the primary technical point of contact on a portfolio of accounts, partnering with the Customer Success Manager to support our customers and ensure they maximize the value of our solution at each stage of the customer journey. You’ll build trusted, lasting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders within each customer’s organization. You’ll serve as their technical advisor, helping craft solutions to their business needs by leveraging our platform’s capabilities and industry best practices.
Beyond day-to-day support, you’ll work closely with product and engineering, serving as the bridge between the technical and customer-facing teams. You will partner with the CSM team to develop resources and processes to scale customer support, improve customer education, and create automation to drive repeatable and predictable revenue. This role will be a key contributor on a fast-growing team, working across engineering, product, sales, and marketing to ensure customers are successful at each stage of their lifecycle.
What you’ll bring to Persona
- Be the customer’s technical point of contact throughout their life cycle with Persona. You’ll understand their business and technical needs, and help craft customized solutions to drive long-term value.
- You’ll be a key player during onboarding and integration, partnering with the CSM team to ensure the customer’s technical success as they implement with our platform.
- Build a deep understanding of customers’ business problems, technical requirements and success criteria, so you can empower them to solve complex business problems.
- Apply your deep technical and customer knowledge to help iterate on and improve internal and external processes. You’ll be a trusted advisor - relaying trends and insights from customers to Persona, and from Persona to the customer.
- Update and maintain technical documentation, change logs and other scalable resources to improve the customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle, including Help Center articles, video guides, etc.
- In partnership with customer success managers, engage with Product and Engineering teams to incorporate and prioritize customer feedback, and help inform the roadmap.
- You will automate processes, and take innovative approaches to problem-solving that will have the power to help shape internal and external decision-making.
- 3+ years of work experience in a technical customer-facing role (e.g. customer engineering, solutions engineering, sales engineering, solutions architect, implementations engineer)
- Close cross-functional collaboration with engineering and product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical and business concepts to technical and non-technical personas
- Experience with APIs, web development, and writing scripts to build internal tools (e.g. bash scripting, Python, SQL, Ruby)
- You’re an action-oriented and organized self-starter who isn’t afraid to get scrappy to solve customer issues – you have a strong work ethic and are committed to excellence
- You have a growth mindset – you are coachable, enjoy learning, are comfortable with ambiguity, and can be flexible in your thinking
- You’re good at multitasking, prioritizing effectively across a wide variety of tasks and evaluating situational urgency – you thrive under pressure and enjoy clarifying ambiguous situations
- You have a proven track record of synthesizing customer feedback to provide helpful feedback to cross-functional partners and drive product improvements.
- You have a deep interest in understanding customer needs and are excited to become an expert on Persona’s product.
- Bonus points for experience in the compliance, identity verification, and/or fraud space
At Persona, we strive to put diversity and inclusion at the forefront of everything we do, reflecting our core values. Our DEI Employee Resource Group seeks to build a diverse and inclusive team that fosters an environment where each Personerd feels empowered to bring their unique differences to work and achieve their full innovative potential. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first.
We strive to promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
If you'd like to better understand what it's like working at Persona, feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor.